Please allow me to introduce myself...

What is the meaning of life? I suppose I could look it up in a dictionary, but that kind of feels like cheating. My name is Nicholas Nobody, but everyone calls me Nick. I know my name sounds like it belongs to a cartoon or comics character, but I've learned to live with it. If you can think of a joke or a pun to go along with my name, I've probably heard it already.

"Ignore him, he's Nobody." – Rimshot!
"Nobody likes you." – Sends the wrong message to the ladies.
"Someday Nobody will become somebody." – LAME.

Anyway, here's what you should know about me. I'm 25 years old, never went to college, and work in a music/comic book store. I've never really been one for books or school, but luckily for me I won a million dollars on a scratch ticket I got for high school graduation. KAH-CHING! With the money I moved out of my parents' place and purchased a small house. I live there with my buddy Tom, who I'm sure I will talk about plenty on this blog thing in the future. A good chunk of the remaining funds I invested in the music/comic store company I work for (which was working out great until iTunes came along). 

There's really only one thing missing in my life – a girl. I've dated off and on over the years, but never really seem to make it work. I kind of have a knack for destroying relationships in an epic manner… sometimes before it even starts (more on this later).

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Next week I'll start telling you my tales of epic failure starting with the girl I just met (and how I probably blew it already).

No comments:

Post a Comment